The majority of gas turbines require a coating system to protect the components from heat, corrosion or erosion. Component Coating and Repair Services (‘CCRS’) specialise in the development and application of organic and inorganic overlay and diffusion coatings (IP1041), dry film lubricants, barrier coatings and aluminium sacrificial coatings (IP9183).
Key characteristics for these coatings are:
- Protect against corrosion and particle erosion
- Temperature resistant
- No embrittlement of high strength steel
- Sacrificial to ferrous alloys
- Resistant to aerospace oil, fuel and hydraulic fluid
- Suitable for application to both external and internal surfaces – smooth, low profile film
- Easily repairable without dismantling or oven curing the component
- Environmentally friendly – REACh compliant, water based and solvent free
- Durable and damage resistant
CCRS has the capability to process a wide range, size and complexity of components, from small compressor blades to the latest in landing gear components.
ONSITE COATING SERVICES
Bespoke onsite coating application services are also available on request.
Corrosion, erosion protection and thermal protection in high temperatures, anti-fouling and dry film lubrication
Aero-engine components and gas and steam turbine components
‘Hot end’ sulphidation protection
Rolls-Royce Avon, Olympus Dart, Trent, RB211, Siemens and Solar gas turbines.
Compressor blades and vanes, combustion/flame tubes, replacement honeycomb seals and re-coating of turbine blades, vanes and nozzle guide vanes (NGVs).
Protection from erosion, corrosion and chemical resistance, particularly for components operating in high temperatures